FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Voluntary Challenges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you feel things are getting dull, or you simply find your performance to be inadequate and/or boring to others, you may want to try these to spice things up. These are only suggestions; don't feel obligated to take the hardest from each group and apply them all. Remember these are on an RP by RP basis, though you may go long-term if you want. It's your character. If statistics are added to the RP, I may assign point values to this.

While the groups are not in order of difficulty, the challenges of each are from easiest to hardest.

Edit: Toogee suggesting making this an achievement system. Checkboxes added.

Pacifism:
[ ] Get to the point! - You killed only named villains (whether main antagonists or people you named yourself)
[ ] Non-lethal - You had a kill count of 0
[ ] Help I accidentally live - You or a familiar never accidentally or purposely killed someone
[ ] Pacifist - You never attacked an enemy (or NPC, if you're crazy)
[ ] Fail at failing - You never accidentally hurt someone (this doesn't include attempting and failing, however)

Weapons:
[ ] No bullshit! - You used no weapons you had no clue how to use (you used only weapons your character would have weapon ranks in)
[ ] No reclasses! - You used no weapons outside of your archetype (you used only weapons your class would have weapon ranks in; most will understandably ignore this, as many people diversified what with the non-restricting classes)
[ ] No mainstream! - You never hit with a wielded weapon (if you don't hit with the weapon, you still retain this challenge; unarmed combat and improvised weapons (like bricks or buckets) don't violate this)

Combine with pacifist conducts as necessary or desired.

Lack of Advancement or Strength:
[ ] But lances aren't made for grounded units! - You were unmounted (lol never doing this)
[ ] Artifact wishless - You used no artifacts (personal or otherwise) or magical items (except tomes and staves) that your character possesses (you may have to roleplay away some artifacts to do this, as simply forgetting about them is kind of stupid)
[ ] Dammit, somebody beat us to the punch! - You gained no new items
[ ] Everything ventured, nothing gained - You gained no new weapon, magic, and/or stave skills
[ ] Ghost - You were silent and communication impaired the entire RP (including describing what your character is implying by his actions, but not if using charades to do so)

Injuries (general):
[ ] Gonna feel that one in the morning - You were lightly scarred.
[ ] Wasn't there a wall here? - Your armor crapped out (if a tanky character)
[ ] Oh shi- - You suffered numerous problems evading or blocking attacks (if an evasive character)
[ ] Gave you a new nose hole! - You were permanently scarred
[ ] It's only a flesh wound - You were gravely injured (combine with above for greater effect)
[ ] Time to fuse some Tyrants - You suffered a nasty long-term curse

Injuries (specifics; as a result, these are not applicable everywhere):
[ ] Can I axe you a question? - You were impaled or axed.
[ ] Sure, but let me slice you a pi-fuck it I'm just gonna kill you - You were sliced (wind or sword).
[ ] Flailing wildly - You were blinded.
[ ] Shocking, isn't it? - You were incapacitated or otherwise temporarily immobilized from shock (literal shock; I suppose figurative shock could work too, but that wouldn’t apply to this section).
[ ] Oh shit, I'm frozen solid - You were frozen solid (fimbulvetr freezing is temporary, btw)
[ ] And when people tell me Shadow Dragon is bullshit, I point them towards SoS and Thracia - You were afflicted with status (in order of easiest to hardest: silence, sleep, berserk)
[ ] Barbeque - You were set on fire (fire is also temporary)
[ ] My hands feel dead, and didn't I have legs? - You felt your life force draining away (darkness)
[ ] Death's door - You felt your life force permanently drained away (darkness)

Unforseen Trouble (battle):
[ ] Oh shit! Let me buy one from the store! - Your weapon broke at an inopportune time
[ ] Oh shit! Good thing I have a back-up! - Your weapon broke WITHOUT an easy or even moderately difficult way to replace it
[ ] OH SHIT! - As above, but the weapon was your last weapon
[ ] Smiting of the RNG Goddess - You suffered numerous problems hitting opponents

Unforseen Trouble (general):
[ ] Fear - You freaked out in the sight of pure terror (when it would be reasonable to; obviously a standard hero isn't scared of a large bandit with an axe, but there is a good chance he/she is in the face of a dragon)
[ ] And then, the pegasus exploded; just exploded everywhere - You did not take negligible damage from things normally deadly or very dangerous to a character of your statistics (Of course arrows will just bounce off of Setsuna or Yves, but obviously not off of Paige or Kalin)
[ ] Motherfucker! - Your possessions were stolen (completely understandable to ignore this, but it's there)

In character:
[ ] Well shoot, they're slow as hell. They must be good for something! - You used battle techniques and strategies that are utilized well by your class (Pegasus Knights fly through fireballs, Armor Knights charge into physical weapons, Swordmasters only fight inaccurate opponents, etc.)
[ ] I do this for a living - You brought along proper preparations for the endeavors you attempted (boots for swamp, enhanced grip for climbing, you know, think of stuff)
[ ] Picking your fights - You engaged only enemies your character or class is suited to fighting well against
[ ] Suddenly, 95 accuracy fire tomes! - You did not evade attacks that you would normally get hit by
[ ] Hammers, Armorslayers, and Heavy Spears (oh my!) - You did not tank attacks you could not normally tank
[ ] "Personally, I prefer the air!" - You EXCLUSIVELY used battle techniques and strategies that are utilized well by your class