FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Weird Computer Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes when my computer is plugged in and charging pushing the right arrow key makes it completely freeze. I've tried pushing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, but nothing happens and even if I leave it for a while it won't unfreeze.

Note: No other key causes it to freeze, it's only when I push the right arrow key.

Anyone know why the heck this happens?
That is completely strange.
I'm guessing, that there's something underneath the right arrow key, which is short-circuiting.
Does it vary based on how hard you press the button? OR does it always happen when you press that key, no matter how light?

And what's the make and model, and model number of the computer? (I assume it's a laptop?)
Good ol' hardware failure. It's the last thing you ever expect to happen. :X
It's a Dell Inspiron N5030. It does it every time I push the right arrow key, pressure variance makes no difference.

Again, it ONLY happens when it's plugged in and charging. I haven't had a problem with it when it's not plugged in. Could the charger be a part of the problem? I have no idea why it's only that key, though. @.@
The only thing I can think of is that the signal generated by the right key is messing with the volts (or amps or watts, depending on your train of thought) being sent to the comp.

But really, I got nothing despite my computer engineering expertise. That's strange. It's most certainly hardware failure, as otherwise you'd be able to find it on google and I doubt you have some sort of setting on your computer (that's exclusive to you) that's causing this to happen.

In any case, there's no reason NOT to try another power cable, since I doubt your computer is gonna spontaneously combust or some shit.
My computer is a few years old, so I guess it's starting to die. That's so depressing! v.v

Anyway, thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! ^.^