FEPlanet Community

Full Version: So What Brings You to FEP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I joined this place with a few others after NSider died. Been years since I've checked in here, and I notice the new forum software.

I doubt anyone here would remember me though. My old username was something like Juggernaut_FireEmblem, or Juggernaut_NomadTrooper.
I heard you guys had cat girl Micaiah but it ended up being a lie D:
I joined some time in 2010 because of the RPs. Of course, my inability to be consistently active sort of ruined any chance I had of being successful in said RPs (I joined like eight threads and only ever finished two), but I stuck around anyway.
I joined because I missed Fire Emblem RPs, and this site seemed to be a friendly sort of place. Also it seemed like a good way to put off studying for finals...
FETO is what got me here, I guess. I think I got into Fire Emblem about 4-5 years ago and decided to see if there was any way to play it online, so I put something like "Fire Emblem Online" into Google and FEP was one of the results. FETO was the only active one (what was the other one at the time, again? Fire Emblem By Web or something?) so I joined and played for maybe a year or two, then it got really inactive and I lost interest. Just kinda remembered it existed the other day so I decided to look back into it.

I also did a little RP and am looking forward to potentially getting back into that, but FETO was my main draw.
(12-05-2014, 10:40 PM)Lyon Wrote: [ -> ]I joined because I missed Fire Emblem RPs, and this site seemed to be a friendly sort of place. Also it seemed like a good way to put off studying for finals...

(12-07-2014, 01:28 PM)Empfindsam Wrote: [ -> ]I also did a little RP and am looking forward to potentially getting back into that, but FETO was my main draw.

Roleplay away, my friends. Your profiles have just been approved. Big Grin
Awesome! Now to find a group ^_^
Well.. I remember way back in the day when the forums were blue, I joined because of the extensive sprite database. Then I got interested in the forums, followed when we transferred to the new site, made friends, etc. Been lurking/coming back every once in a while. So confused on what is going on right now.
The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always... purely human ones.
I joined FEP because of FETO and it's also the reason that i'm still here. I disappear every once in a while because of IRL stuff, internet problems and because I'm in a less active timezone, but I always find myself coming back to this place.
FETO

That is all. I guess if I look around I could find some other stuff.
FETO is one of the main attractions, feel free to post threads in the FETO sections about questions/observations/etc~
I joined this place back in '08, in response to a topic in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl forum on GameFAQs. I mostly played FETO and I joined the AIM Blast chat, but I wasn't really good or popular.

I came back in '12, about a year and a half (2 years?) after I left in '10. I was pleasantly surprised to see the userbase change so much from the elitism, asshattery, and general all-around douchebaggery that was reminiscent of Wymsy, SaS, and Mint. There were barely any users from that time left and the ones that stuck around I liked.

I joined the Skype group and since then I've had a ton of fun talking to everyone in it. I recommend anyone who enjoys FETO or even just FEP to join it. We don't usually talk about FETO anymore.

I have much more confidence that, if we can get this site alive again, all of you will make it a pleasant experience for anyone new who joins.
I originally joined cuz of FETO, I used to only play friends. Took a break, returned to the 'new' version of FETO, found I enjoyed it much more. I was intrigued by the forums and used to lurk without posting much. To me, it felt like FETO and the rest of the community was separated, which was very odd. With AIM's limited functionality, FETO players seemed to have little resources outside of the boards to talk and play.

I created the Skype group to try and bring together more people. It took a long time to get started, the group remaining small. Pura and Hitsu really helped keep it alive in those early days, until we slowly added more members - and then exploded in a kind of conglomerate of old and new players. This was before the time of the current administrators, so the community was kind of like a wild west. I did a few RP + FETO things, trying to gather people from both sides of the forum, and plus they were two things I enjoyed doing a lot. I'd say most of them failed but it helped me get to know parts of our community better.

The skype group has gone through a lot of different cycles and personality shifts depending on its members, but I'm happy to see that a lot of people have really stepped up and made FEP a better place. I'm not as active as I used to be but I still think FEP has some awesome people and try to check in.
(12-23-2014, 06:42 PM)Emerald Wyvern Wrote: [ -> ]Well.. I remember way back in the day when the forums were blue, I joined because of the extensive sprite database. Then I got interested in the forums, followed when we transferred to the new site, made friends, etc. Been lurking/coming back every once in a while. So confused on what is going on right now.

Long story short, the old forums and code got too unstable to maintain, so I was called to the task of revamping the site.
Nearly two years later, I'm only like a fifth of the way there.
I came here a long time ago by searching for "Fire Emblem multiplayer fangame" or something to that effect and played the game a little. Shortly after, the computer I used to do everything decided to spontaneously die, and I eventually forgot about it and whatever account details I used at the time.

I suddenly remembered this place existed a while ago when a friend told me he had never played Fire Emblem. So I came back and forced myself to go through the somewhat tedious registration process the site seems to have adopted (unless it was always like this?) and have been trying to convince my friends to join me.

And now I'm considering joining in on the RP fun here while I wait for them to finally agree to come join, but I need to get over my "everything has to be PERFECT" mentality before I can get myself to submit a character profile.

... Hi.
(05-19-2014, 03:24 PM)Fredmir Wrote: [ -> ]Feto.
Pages: 1 2