FEPlanet Community

Full Version: ARENAS! (no not the level grinding kind)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FETO Arena Idea:

So I got this idea during one of the discussions we had in the skype chat.

The main thing is that you can send in (probably a team of units) to fight with some AI (if not one official player to control the enemies) in a series of matches that grow in both difficulty and rewards should the player succeed, and just like in the canon FEs, the player has the option to withdraw at before any match begins.

So let's get some examples down here:

Let's say you wanna start the Arena and pay an entry fee of oh say 500g?

You'll be pitted against another unit or group of enemy units (designed to be beatable by the player and at the same time still pose a challenge to the player).

If the player succeeds in defeating all enemy units, then they receive a reward (whether it be gold or an item (an unbuyable one). The player then gets the option to continue onto the next round...then the next opponent gets stronger and the rewards get better

...losing means you can't participate in another Arena for a week (so does completing the entire Arena).

There would be a couple of sets of teams for each level of the arena, (probably about 10 levels? and perhaps a bonus lv11 which rewards a Master card?)

This is basically a way for players to grab treasures and such~

Nit-Picky Stuff:

Players gain no exp/wexp/wins/losses from the arena (maybe the units can get badges if they beat the 10 levels)

You won't always be up vs the same team of units in each level (as there'd be a large assortment of teams made out to be randomly swapped in for each round) so no one playthrough is the same as the previous one.

Did I miss anything? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Well, as long as there's no arbitrary difficulty in the first rounds, I'm fine with it. (GOD DAMN YOU BATTLE MAISON AND YOUR COUNTERPICKS)