FEPlanet Community

Full Version: FETO Tells Me What Units Are Ready?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, we've noticed something like this before where you could see which units your opponent(s) has(have) ready for battle, however this time it is different. I noticed that when logged out (in a different tab) and having previously been looking at someone's unit page (while logged in) for units that are "In Battle" some were marked as "yes" (as already in battle) but this time I saw the ones that are usually marked "no" (as in not IN battle, but ready for it) marked as "Rdy" (which when clicked, showed which specific battle the units were "readied" in). Is this just a bug, unfinished code? I'm not sure, but someone has to know~

Anyone else come across this?
Can you provide a screenshot for this?
Not right now, I'm in the office, you can try it if you want though, otherwise, I'll post it when I get home tonight~
I investigated it to provide the screenshot.

[Image: nDlp0LK.png]

What I did was,

1. Open the old forums on a separate tab.
2. Open a tab of the FETO Profile of someone with readied units in question.
3. Log out on the old forums in the separate tab.
4. DO NOT REFRESH THE FETO PROFILE TAB, OR GO TO ANOTHER PAGE.
5. Instead, sort the units on the profile tab by "Btl?" and sort them until you see the readied units and units in battle first.
6. Voila. You see units that have the "Rdy" tag.

From what I see, this tells me 2 things.

1. This may have been a feature to be able to see readied units in which battles, that SaS initially was going to use, but decided to scrap it entirely in the final build.
2. SaS may have planned to have guests actually VIEW FETO. But again, decided to scrap that idea in the final build. Lord knows why, because he would've gotten a lot more people to register and play if he didn't make the game closed to only registered users.
So much for scrapping it when it still remains in the code :o (then again I guess a lot of games have things like that)...Heh, I find something new on this site every so often~ xP
TCRFeto. [Image: SMB2-smiley.png]
I could dig into the code to confirm this, but it's looking more like it was either some permission left open in the FETO codebase to read the data (as some things are viewable by guests), or a piece of code meant for a different function.

Normally, I would contraindicate against doing "strange" things like logging out of FETO while a live page is open, but since we're closing in on beta, the more interesting things we notice the better.