FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Yay I finally bothered to finish this game...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trolled by this game so many times so I haven't really felt playing much (there have been weeks when I haven't even bothered to try) and... phew, finally it's over.
And the best strategy was...? Rushing, which I totally hate! ... I ended up just rushing through last few chapters because I wanted to finish the game and yup, I didn't need to restart the chapter because some stupid shit happened... noooo, of course everything went pretty damn well, a lot better than anything before even tho I got stuff coming from pretty much every direction.

...and Stahl x Cherche OP plz nerf.

Oh well, I guess I'll go through rest of the sidequests (since I did only get Inigo, Brady, Morgan (the only child character I used aside from Lucina) and Tiki) and maybe get some DLCs... or maybe I'll start a new save with casual mode since I'm scared that the trolling returns and I'm too scared to try rushing EVER again.. really, I was fking scared.

Anyways... was it any good... well, of course it was.
- Casual mode more than welcome for inexperienced players and prevent annoyance of some shenanigans turn or two before the battle would be over S;DMAOSHFYFJ)Ehd9fyds90...
- Character creation, duh.
- Reclassing... even tho I didn't care much... except go go 2x Assassin/ Swordmaster hybrids avoiding pretty much everything and untouchable Paladin/ GK Stahl.
- Pairing Up... kinda neat addition for the series, something new for veterans.
- Story and characters were good and enjoyable (with little complaints tho)... and especially the last chapter was awesome... I've never really felt like shouting "FK YEAH! THIS IS IT BIATCH! U GUNNA GET REKT RITE NAO!" before.
- Yay skills that aren't liek RD skills (ridiculously OP)
- Voice acting... they got it right this time.

But like any other game, this ain't perfect either.
- Replacing some real difficulty with some unfair enemy reinforcements... that's just punishing since the game ain't like Dark Souls that follows it's own, absurd, rules.
- No good old rescue system... the only way to perform good old hit'n runnies was to use a bloody staff (or Galeforce) but... yeah, I guess that's just my personal preference talking.
- No attacking speed shenanigans D: I loved that stuff.
- Some somewhat stereotypish characters... but sure, they were better many other characters I've seen.
- Conqueror nonsense... idk is it just me but for me it was a boring filler... Idk, maybe there was some really important stuff that I don't remember?
- Recruiting child characters requires beating optional battle... they could've give own arc for them that would've replaced Conqueror nonsense. Sure it's nice that there are sidequests that doesn't require DLCs but... yeah.
- Ylisse really should've laws about allowing divorce : P ... dammit. After all, only one character requires starting a new save to get the all S supports... ONE CHARACTER!!! ... I would guess so. Oh well, not a big deal.
- No epic bosses besides from Grima. Okay, Wallhart and Gangrel had this epic music but jezuz... even FE8 bosses did better than those guys.

There, now if you excuse me, I have flamewar to start.
(04-17-2014, 03:55 AM)Pura Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trolled by this game so many times so I haven't really felt playing much (there have been weeks when I haven't even bothered to try) and... phew, finally it's over.
And the best strategy was...? Rushing, which I totally hate! ... I ended up just rushing through last few chapters because I wanted to finish the game and yup, I didn't need to restart the chapter because some stupid shit happened... noooo, of course everything went pretty damn well, a lot better than anything before even tho I got stuff coming from pretty much every direction.

...and Stahl x Cherche OP plz nerf.
*Pair-Up OP plz Nerf

Oh well, I guess I'll go through rest of the sidequests (since I did only get Inigo, Brady, Morgan (the only child character I used aside from Lucina) and Tiki) and maybe get some DLCs... or maybe I'll start a new save with casual mode since I'm scared that the trolling returns and I'm too scared to try rushing EVER again.. really, I was fking scared.

Casual!? Who are you!? D:

Anyways... was it any good... well, of course it was.
- Casual mode more than welcome for inexperienced players and prevent annoyance of some shenanigans turn or two before the battle would be over S;DMAOSHFYFJ)Ehd9fyds90...
- Character creation, duh.
- Reclassing... even tho I didn't care much... except go go 2x Assassin/ Swordmaster hybrids avoiding pretty much everything and untouchable Paladin/ GK Stahl.
- Pairing Up... kinda neat addition for the series, something new for veterans.
- Story and characters were good and enjoyable (with little complaints tho)... and especially the last chapter was awesome... I've never really felt like shouting "FK YEAH! THIS IS IT BIATCH! U GUNNA GET REKT RITE NAO!" before.
- Yay skills that aren't liek RD skills (ridiculously OP)
- Voice acting... they got it right this time.

But like any other game, this ain't perfect either.
- Replacing some real difficulty with some unfair enemy reinforcements... that's just punishing since the game ain't like Dark Souls that follows it's own, absurd, rules.
- No good old rescue system... the only way to perform good old hit'n runnies was to use a bloody staff (or Galeforce) but... yeah, I guess that's just my personal preference talking.
- No attacking speed shenanigans D: I loved that stuff.
- Some somewhat stereotypish characters... but sure, they were better many other characters I've seen.
- Conqueror nonsense... idk is it just me but for me it was a boring filler... Idk, maybe there was some really important stuff that I don't remember?
- Recruiting child characters requires beating optional battle... they could've give own arc for them that would've replaced Conqueror nonsense. Sure it's nice that there are sidequests that doesn't require DLCs but... yeah.

^This would've been so much better than the conqueror stuff^

Best part of the story was the 1st half for me, the rest was a blurred line about the conqueror nonsense, and then Grima showed up (though at least it was well forshadowed)

- Ylisse really should've laws about allowing divorce : P ... dammit. After all, only one character requires starting a new save to get the all S supports... ONE CHARACTER!!! ... I would guess so. Oh well, not a big deal.
- No epic bosses besides from Grima. Okay, Wallhart and Gangrel had this epic music but jezuz... even FE8 bosses did better than those guys.

There, now if you excuse me, I have flamewar to start.

There will be blood...and thunder
:O

Now play lunatic classic, no pair up, no DLC FINAL DESTINATION!

but anyway congrats, do you plan on doing more runs?
I didn't really like the conqueror arc either... in fact, having Valm in the game at all, while a nice FE2 reference, really wasn't necessary when the world is already so bloated imo. In Marth's games and Gaiden, Archanea/Valentia feel like such huge places to me that I was surprised by the sparseness of everything on Awakening's world map, which gives me more of a feeling of "hum-de-dum, let's just traipse across the entire continent(s) in a few steps to get to the next glowy spot" than "our heroes continue carving a path through the land...".

Concerning the second-generation characters, it's disappointing how non-integrated they are with the plot. I expected "Marth"'s identity to not be revealed for at least ten chapters and slowly become apparent as the child characters are recruited, but... I dunno, maybe I'm just used to GBAFE where there's an obligatory chunk of introductory generic bandit chapters before getting down to the nitty-gritty. Still, I enjoyed the story as I played through it... especially because about halfway through Valm, I trained up everyone and then just destroyed the rest of the game. Maybe not as satisfying as hard-fought victories, but still quite fun the first time.

I've still got lunatic mode to play through, but it's so "Frederick Emblem" in earlygame that I'm not sure if I want to bother to continue.
(04-19-2014, 07:44 PM)Alusq Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't really like the conqueror arc either... in fact, having Valm in the game at all, while a nice FE2 reference, really wasn't necessary when the world is already so bloated imo. In Marth's games and Gaiden, Archanea/Valentia feel like such huge places to me that I was surprised by the sparseness of everything on Awakening's world map, which gives me more of a feeling of "hum-de-dum, let's just traipse across the entire continent(s) in a few steps to get to the next glowy spot" than "our heroes continue carving a path through the land...".

Concerning the second-generation characters, it's disappointing how non-integrated they are with the plot. I expected "Marth"'s identity to not be revealed for at least ten chapters and slowly become apparent as the child characters are recruited, but... I dunno, maybe I'm just used to GBAFE where there's an obligatory chunk of introductory generic bandit chapters before getting down to the nitty-gritty. Still, I enjoyed the story as I played through it... especially because about halfway through Valm, I trained up everyone and then just destroyed the rest of the game. Maybe not as satisfying as hard-fought victories, but still quite fun the first time.

I've still got lunatic mode to play through, but it's so "Frederick Emblem" in earlygame that I'm not sure if I want to bother to continue.

I felt that only L+ is Frederick Emblem lol, the other chars still actually stand a chance in Lunatic xD (source: exp)

on the story: I wish the child chars actually mattered in the main story moreso than just providing extra insight on what happens to the current chars in the future................So does EVERYONE (IRL) inherit their mother's wedding rings, or is it just an FE thing lol?
(04-18-2014, 09:35 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: [ -> ]:O

Now play lunatic classic, no pair up, no DLC FINAL DESTINATION!

but anyway congrats, do you plan on doing more runs?
Yeah, started lunatic casual (just because I don't like getting screwed right at the end of the battle and restart just because something really stupid happened)... even tho I'm tempted to restart with hard since it's been this far more like: "Freddy, do half of the job" at the beginning... I guess that's nice to have some use for Jeigan character but... I would like to use Jeigan if I wanted to... but now I don't have too many choices here.

E: Fk it, I'm changing to hard. I really doubt they tested Lunatic before releasing the game and pretty much pulled the numbers out of their hat (somebody has been talking to the guy who's been naming Pokemons).

Well, either way, I'm probably also gonna experiment some class changing (like... changing Pura's class to Sniper at the end) since I wasn't really into it on my first run.

And use some other units ofc! (at least Tiamo is out of the party... I can't pair her with anybody else than Chrom without feeling bad! ... says the guy who married to her... I regret that decision... well, at least Morgan got a red hair...)
...Maybe I should give Vaike a chance... I ditched him only because he forgot his bloody axe... like... "you forgot your axe!? That's it, you're benched"

@Alusq - Exactly.

spdy Wrote:*Pair-Up OP plz Nerf
Pretty much, yeah.
Okay... some chapters passed and... nope, I don't really want to go on... I'm not ready to experience chapter 10 again just yet...
GOD WHY!? Writers are just evil! Final Fantasy Tactics was evil enough but this game is just incarnation of devil himself... Fuck you Intelligent Systems! Fuck you Nintendo! I hate you but at the same time you're so goddamn great!
I quit! Peace, I'm out! I'm Batman!
Part of this game's fun is trying out different pairings for maximum StreetPass trolling potential.
So, you should carry on.

Also, Chrom + Olivia = OP kids
...the only way you can actually troll is to change weapon names with spoilers.
...and streetpass... in Finland? Well, I could be lucky with Pokemon if I went to Helsinki but Fire Emblem?
Ahahaha no.
There are only a couple of things that hurt Awakening. Pair-up is OP. The lack of victory conditions outside of "kill all the enemies" hurt it a lot.

World map is ok, I'm not a fan but it doesn't make or break anything and adds replayability.

Reclassing and grinding sucks major nutsacks though. Being able to re-class takes a lot of uniqueness away from most of the characters. It'd be different if the re-classed characters had unique models but they don't most of the time aside from their heads (Gregor losing his green-ness when he promotes was a terrible idea).

Then again I don't have to use anything I don't like, so more money for me from second seals Big Grin

Other than that I'm a big fan. I dunno if it's just because I haven't played through it enough to know every reinforcement spawn off the top of my head, but it seems harder than the other english FEs (I play them all on hard mode unless I'm looking to just kill some time with OP units and easy enemies). Characters were fun and bringing back supports after like 6 years of not having them was wonderful.
I found it to be enjoyably difficult compared to FE 7-10. RD was brutal in it's hard mode, this game was hard but not impossible. Lunatic mode tho...
(07-18-2014, 04:22 PM)Spammalanche Wrote: [ -> ]The lack of victory conditions outside of "kill all the enemies" hurt it a lot.
Well, that's pretty much the thing in FE games but in this game the map designs weren't really good + lack of long range ballistae (seriously. where. the. fuck. are. my. ballistae?).

Quote:It'd be different if the re-classed characters had unique models but they don't most of the time aside from their heads (Gregor losing his green-ness when he promotes was a terrible idea).
Not to mention about how unique models DLC characters have... I wasn't really interested to buy DLCs in the first place but... yeah, I bought couple but what did I get? Recolored models. yay.

Quote:Other than that I'm a big fan. I dunno if it's just because I haven't played through it enough to know every reinforcement spawn off the top of my head
As I, who like to advance slooooooooowly, I felt like I was punished for doing so... idk if it's bad design decision by limiting the strategic options the player have, lazy or they just didn't have time since some money went into a marketing (well, at least the series got the attention it deserved and needed).

Quote:supports after like 6 years of not having them was wonderful.
Yeah, actual support convos were awesome to have... + each character supports many other character soo.. yeah, convos from the old days + the options from RD shenanigans <333
(07-27-2014, 07:54 PM)Pura Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2014, 04:22 PM)Spammalanche Wrote: [ -> ]The lack of victory conditions outside of "kill all the enemies" hurt it a lot.
Well, that's pretty much the thing in FE games but in this game the map designs weren't really good + lack of long range ballistae (seriously. where. the. fuck. are. my. ballistae?).
Yeah, some of the stuff seen in other FEs is sorely missed here.
- FOG OF WAR (AW perfected it already. Also, skills that work on ambushed enemies/neutralize ambushes)
- A magic triangle of sorts
- Statuses (They could come up with a LOT more Skills that include them, like Deadeye)
- Rescuing being a debuff, instead of a buff. (Savior from FE9/10 would be a lot more useful than Defender that way)
- Swordmaster/Berserker/Sniper critical bonus.

With that said, I'm actually OK with the removal of weapon weight.