FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Going on hiatus? Leaving?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(04-15-2016, 12:02 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Well shoot, man - the internet is too damn small.

You thinking of doing RP stuff?  Or just hanging out?

I am, however I won't be able to get anything set up until next week.  This weekend is going to be busy, the past 6 weeks have been hectic and this weekend I have family coming out for a service.
And I'm back to my regularly scheduled lurking/posting.
I originally made an account, and a horde of characters, back in 2008.
Jeebus, I'm surprised and impressed that this is still here and not dead and swarmed by spambots.

It's an incredible amount of cringe to look at various units and descriptions I wrote back in middle school.
2008? That's a long time. That was back when I used to be such a snobby bitch.

Any names to remember by?
(04-22-2016, 04:36 AM)Veradux Wrote: [ -> ]I originally made an account, and a horde of characters, back in 2008.
Jeebus, I'm surprised and impressed that this is still here and not dead and swarmed by spambots.

It's an incredible amount of cringe to look at various units and descriptions I wrote back in middle school.

We always had mechanisms for stopping the spambots from spamming (although not from registering ._. ) and they should now be wiped off the face of the site completely thanks to the fact that we now have an ACTUAL SECURITY QUESTION so they can't register anymore.

But more cringeworthy than that is your username, the random percentage growths you gave your units and the lack of transparency on the sprites *cough* I hope to see more of you on FETO!
No, no names to remember me by. I wasn't active in the community and I jumped around games quite a bit at that age. Though I discovered D&D and tabletop gaming in highschool, so that's what eventually led me back here.

I'd always been interested in a Fire Emblem tabletop RPG and have seen some people cobble some together to very varying degrees of success, but I drudged up memories here. I'd been thinking to make my own attempt at cobbling together a system, and had been looking for ideas to steal inspiration on where to balance units and numbers to work with.

Sadly, unless I really sit down and get a FETO reset or make a new account for it, I don't think I can bring myself to even look at...whatever that stuff is.
(04-29-2016, 07:05 AM)Veradux Wrote: [ -> ]No, no names to remember me by. I wasn't active in the community and I jumped around games quite a bit at that age. Though I discovered D&D and tabletop gaming in highschool, so that's what eventually led me back here.

I'd always been interested in a Fire Emblem tabletop RPG and have seen some people cobble some together to very varying degrees of success, but I drudged up memories here. I'd been thinking to make my own attempt at cobbling together a system, and had been looking for ideas to steal inspiration on where to balance units and numbers to work with.

Sadly, unless I really sit down and get a FETO reset or make a new account for it, I don't think I can bring myself to even look at...whatever that stuff is.

You know, I think there were one or two attempts at a d20-based FE roleplay on the old forums a long time ago. Maybe try digging around in the archives and see what you can find.
Not really a hiatus more than just being slightly less active, I just had surgery last Thursday, and am currently recovering. Having to be on pain meds and not having a full range of motion are really putting a toll on me atm. I'll be back up and running once things have improved.
(05-23-2016, 08:44 PM)Speedy - IX Wrote: [ -> ]Not really a hiatus more than just being slightly less active, I just had surgery last Thursday, and am currently recovering. Having to be on pain meds and not having a full range of motion are really putting a toll on me atm. I'll be back up and running once things have improved.

Well then, I wish you a... speedy recovery.

...I'll be over here.
I'll shoot you if you use that pun towards me if something like that happens.
(05-24-2016, 11:20 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: [ -> ]I'll shoot you if you use that pun towards me if something like that happens.

Puns of that caliber deserve swift retribution.

*gets a running head start*
(05-24-2016, 07:32 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2016, 08:44 PM)Speedy - IX Wrote: [ -> ]Not really a hiatus more than just being slightly less active, I just had surgery last Thursday, and am currently recovering. Having to be on pain meds and not having a full range of motion are really putting a toll on me atm. I'll be back up and running once things have improved.

Well then, I wish you a... speedy recovery.

...I'll be over here.

Oh yeah...I'm back now xD
I lost track of where I have and where I haven't mentioned it but I was in hospital the past two days for a knee operation. Which was about time because I fucked this thing almost two years ago and haven't noticed until recently that I needed the operation :x now that I've had it I can only get better though. hospital food is crap
(06-23-2016, 05:33 AM)MMM Wrote: [ -> ]I lost track of where I have and where I haven't mentioned it but I was in hospital the past two days for a knee operation. Which was about time because I fucked this thing almost two years ago and haven't noticed until recently that I needed the operation :x now that I've had it I can only get better though. hospital food is crap

Mmm...hospital food...

Get well soon M, I hope everything turns out for the better!
(06-23-2016, 05:33 AM)MMM Wrote: [ -> ]I lost track of where I have and where I haven't mentioned it but I was in hospital the past two days for a knee operation. Which was about time because I fucked this thing almost two years ago and haven't noticed until recently that I needed the operation :x now that I've had it I can only get better though. hospital food is crap

You kinda alluded to it in the Old FEP? thread. Although, I thought that was more in the past, since that was roughly what the discussion was about.
Thanks Speeds, I will probably get better slowly but steadily although not being able to do a lot of sports for 9 months is gonna be a pain in the ass.
And it's not just hospital food, it's hospital food in Germany which doesn't make it any better.

And yeah I did lmao, though I really just felt like bringing it up.
Hello-I am sorta new here. I have been using this for 2 days and I have loved every bit of it. Thanks for the people who keep this going, and I would love to know if there is something around here like maybe roleplays or somethin i can get involved in. Thanks again for this FETO.
(06-25-2016, 07:06 PM)Jokster908 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello-I am sorta new here. I have been using this for 2 days and I have loved every bit of it. Thanks for the people who keep this going, and I would love to know if there is something around here like maybe roleplays or somethin i can get involved in. Thanks again for this FETO.

There is an ongoing RP but that's all I know about that section of our forum, I have no clue how to get into it and no knack for story-writing lmao. If you'd like to check that out the subforum is here: http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-9.html
Cool. Thanks for the info!
(06-25-2016, 07:06 PM)Jokster908 Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to know if there is something around here like maybe roleplays or somethin i can get involved in.

If you're serious about it, here's the Character Template for our ongoing story arch.

Also, here's some backstory to get yourself situated.  It's not a long read.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8