FEPlanet Community

Full Version: The Mage General's Last Stand- Sign ups, Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking into getting back into the swing of things. There was some discussion on the Discord of starting things up again. I want to see how serious this interest is, so I'm putting up a sign up thread.

Initial Synopsis

Two decades prior to the Lycia's reorganization into an empire, Sir Stavros Nemean, former mage general of Etruria, decided to spend his retirement by founding a school to teach the underpriveleged how to use magic. The New Aqueleia School of Magic was founded to educate the people living in Lycia's mountain range in order to end the cycle of banditry. However, the past year saw antagonism towards magic advance to the point of it being too dangerous to continue further. He attempted to keep the school running in secret, but the Church of Preservation and Sanctity has caught wind not just of the school, but of the headmaster's identity.

The school could not be saved, but Stavros needed time to hold off the inquisitors long enough for his students to escape to safety. He hired mercenaries to help in his endeavor. Ultimately though, he did not plan to leave this place alive...
Glad to see you back on the site. Sadly, I got banned off the Discord for some nonsense I should've just muted, but I'm still on this site. This seems like the perfect thread for Ambrose, but I retired him a while ago, and Tiras is a bit preoccupied. Damian I can easily see being an antagonist for this plot, but I doubt that'd be acceptable. I could run some NPCs if you'd like, but I haven't a character of my own to throw in here on the heroic side.
I'd love for you to join. What we can do is you could run as NPCs. Closer to the end, Damian shows up to "save the day". The way I envision the story, the battle itself will be an Imperial victory, so Damian will be free to be a badass.

There is at least one person from Discord who wants to join. The issue is feplanet is breaking and is no longer allowing new accounts. I'm hoping for some resolution soon, but it might just be us.
Update: there's a lot of talk about moving the RP over to Discord. It's slow, but I started a SRP over there to test the waters. I still want to run this RP too, but it's probably just the two of us.

If you're still up for it, I'd like to reconfigure the plot so Damian can participate properly.

For this, I want a classic dungeon crawl. RP begins with Paige in the school, noting that the mage general is missing. His last journal entry reveals that he was studying a dark magic. Fearing the worst, she wanders to investigate. Whispers are heard throughout the building, she follows. Shortly after, she runs into Damian (possibly with a squad of Imperial soldiers); they're here to capture the general and any students within. The source of the whispers is revealed: phantoms. They join forces and explore the depths of the school, eliminating ghost soldiers as they attempt to locate the mage general (or what's left of him).

Thoughts?
If it's moving over to Discord, then I'm screwed: as I mentioned, I was banned from FEP Discord, so unless you can convince them to unban me, this is my last hurrah.

I'm ready and willing; it sounds fun, and I can properly write for Damian at least once.
Then we better make the most of this. Thread is up:

http://forums.feplanet.net/thread-1308.html
Sorry to take so long. Finally got a post up.
What did the ropes do?
My bad. My copy paste failed. Here's that last bit:

Quote:Paige was interrupted with the loud crash of metal on stone, startled at the sound. The iron gate that hung above the keep’s entrance had come crashing down, separating them from Damian’s unit. The ropes that held the gate up lay useless upon the stone floor, cut cleanly.
Dear God that took far longer than I meant for it to. Sorry about that, Toogee.
Obviously, this was never going to be a fast paced RP. This time, it did slip my mind.