FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Fire Emblem Warriors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, they finally pulled the trigger on it. And Tecmo Koei won't even to make up new characters for it like they did Hyrule Warriors as they have so many characters they can use for it.
My characters could clear a map in a few turns. Now they can do it in one fell swoop.

By the time it comes out, there ought to be plenty of Switch consoles available, so no rush to preorder.
Saw this. A shame that they're probably going to give priority to Awakening/Fates characters. I enjoyed Awakening, but it would be nice to see at least a few characters from each entry. (Elibe Lords, pls)

I'm also curious to find out how they're going to implement Pegasus Knights. Airborne units are not exactly a thing in Dynasty Warriors.

I also want to see just how Koei is going to involve strategy in this game. Considering Fire Emblem's genre as a tactical RPG, I should hope they'd utilize series mainstays such as the weapon triangle and even permadeath.
(01-13-2017, 07:48 PM)Sui-kun Wrote: [ -> ]I also want to see just how Koei is going to involve strategy in this game. Considering Fire Emblem's genre as a tactical RPG, I should hope they'd utilize series mainstays such as the weapon triangle and even permadeath.

They had alternate story type stuff in Dynasty Warriors 8 based on if certain characters, usually the strategists, were still around in certain points.
I remember in the Shu campaign, you get a different path at the battle where Guan Yu died if you managed to get Xu Shu to return to Shu and if you thwarted the ambush that fatally wounded Pang Tong. They could easily do something like I saw was planned for Valkyria Revolution where certain characters would have events that would trigger if they were still alive in the when you got to the event triggers. If they pulled something like that off, it could add more replay value to it.
(01-13-2017, 07:48 PM)Sui-kun Wrote: [ -> ]Saw this. A shame that they're probably going to give priority to Awakening/Fates characters. I enjoyed Awakening, but it would be nice to see at least a few characters from each entry. (Elibe Lords, pls)

The trailer showed the lord swords from Awakening/Fates + Marth's, so that's a good bet. If Hyrule Warriors is any indication, there will be plenty of DLC character packs. Elibe lords are definitely a possibility in that regard.
I'm sure they know Elibe characters are an easy cash grab, particularly since it has a huge fan following.
Apparently, we'll find out more on the 18th. A FE only Nintendo Direct is coming:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/stat...1422059521
You know what. I'd actually really like them to take some aspects from some of the Dynasty Warriors Empires games and add a create-a-character type mode. Preferably as a side thing instead of a plot thing. In fact, a Empire mode could really work with the FE theme too, especially if they have some FE 4 or 5 maps. Honestly, those maps seem like the best fit for a Warriors conversion.
(01-15-2017, 02:24 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: [ -> ]You know what. I'd actually really like them to take some aspects from some of the Dynasty Warriors Empires games and add a create-a-character type mode. Preferably as a side thing instead of a plot thing. In fact, a Empire mode could really work with the FE theme too, especially if they have some FE 4 or 5 maps. Honestly, those maps seem like the best fit for a Warriors conversion.

They could even go the extra mile and incorporate marriage into the game. Pair up your favorite Fire Emblem character with your own character and viola! Instant waifu or husband. Koei will make tons off of marrying off DLC classics like Lyndis, Eirika, and Tibarn.
Given how large the casts for these game can get, I feel like every lord from FE at a minimum (at least one from each series) should make it in. Given the dev team here, Camilla is in by default before anyone else and you know why...>___>

Flying units may still "trot" along the ground just as Link and Epona did in Hyrule Warriors tbh...probably just more vulnerable to enemies with arrows...This game has a lot of potential though...I'm looking forward to it.
(01-16-2017, 06:03 PM)Speedy - IX Wrote: [ -> ]Given how large the casts for these game can get, I feel like every lord from FE at a minimum (at least one from each series) should make it in. Given the dev team here, Camilla is in by default before anyone else and you know why...>___>

Which definitely means at least one of the healer sisters will be in too, as they always have spunky young girl character as a counter balance. Just of the top of my head, I'm thinking the Qiao sisters, Sun Shang Xiang, and Xing Ci just to name a few from Dynasty Warriors.

I could definitely see the Black Knight showing up as well. I think he's probably the closest to a Lu Bu archetype they could use due to how few people can actually square off with him.
Screw Warriors. They remade Gaiden! It looks awesome! Even the mobile game looks good!
I for one am looking forward to bitchin' metal remixes of classic Fire Emblem tunes.
I'm looking forward to this so bad I may buy a Switch when I have the money because of it. Depends on the roster though... don't want to see a slew of Awakening/Fates characters just because they're relevant at the moment. Give me Celice, Leaf, Nanna, Marth, Roy, Ephraim, etc. I want to see some interesting variety of leads, as well as fan favourites from past games!