FEPlanet Community

Full Version: The "Currently Playing" Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You know, because people around here need to talk a little more.  We're a community, god dammit.

Blab about the games you're playing.  Brag about how great the games are.  Insist that other people add you on Steam/Live/PSN/3DS.  Preach to the unwashed about the PC master race.

Ahem.  *cough cough*  Strikethrough text hurts my throat.  Anyways...

Things I'm playing right now:

-World of Tanks (PC)
An MMO where there are no fighters, warlocks, clerics, or DPS mages.  There are only tanks.  And artillery.

-Killing Floor 2 (PC)
For when I'm mad at WoT and just want to blow off some steam.  (Full disclosure: I am terrible at FPS games.  Tanks is an exception because it's pretty slow-paced.  Plus, you know.... armor.)

-A various assortment of games on a time-defying SNES console.
Primarily because my little brother is used to health regeneration and making him suffer through Contra III is a sobering reminder about how I've reached the "you damn kids" phase of my life.
(07-19-2016, 01:02 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]You know, because people around here need to talk a little more.  We're a community, god dammit.

Blab about the games you're playing.  Brag about how great the games are.  Insist that other people add you on Steam/Live/PSN/3DS.  Preach to the unwashed about the PC master race.
 I can completely agree too that one, cause it's normally the same people i see talking on these forums. Also, I'm un-scratching what you scratched. PREACHING TO THE UNWASHED ABOUT THE PC MASTER RACE.

And, for currently playing game, those include:

Guild Wars 2: Because this game is just TOO much fun. (cough cough advertising you people to join me... so lonely D: )

Miscellaneous Puzzle Games: I need something to work myself with... or my mind at least. It passes the time for me. DONT JUDGE ME.

Steam Games: The games I play normally fall under Unturned, a very interesting zombie survival, Starbreak, a platforming rouge-like that has things Kabam should have done for Realm of the Mad God, which I have been playing in hopes of the new company that will be taking ROTMG over and (hopefully)change things for the better.

That's about it. Also, try to exist on Battlegrounds more often, much less the forums.
(07-19-2016, 01:43 PM)Jokster908 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2016, 01:02 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]You know, because people around here need to talk a little more.  We're a community, god dammit.

I can completely agree too that one, cause it's normally the same people i see talking on these forums. Also, I'm un-scratching what you scratched. PREACHING TO THE UNWASHED ABOUT THE PC MASTER RACE.

Guild Wars 2: Because this game is just TOO much fun. (cough cough advertising you people to join me... so lonely D: )

Miscellaneous Puzzle Games: I need something to work myself with... or my mind at least. It passes the time for me. DONT JUDGE ME.

Steam Games: The games I play normally fall under Unturned, a very interesting zombie survival, Starbreak, a platforming rouge-like that has things Kabam should have done for Realm of the Mad God, which I have been playing in hopes of the new company that will be taking ROTMG over and (hopefully)change things for the better.

That's about it. Also, try to exist on Battlegrounds more often, much less the forums.

While I'm not going to judge you on your affinity for puzzle games and never will, I will absolutely judge you on your choice of font.  Because good lord, that hurt to read.

I'm sure you'll find other people here that play Guild Wars - it's popular enough.  At least I think it is; I hear people talking about it all the time...
I too shall contribute to the talky subjects.

So I've recently been playing Blood Bowl Chaos edition again, after watching some stuff for BB 2 which sort of rekindled my desire for hurting myself and those around me, love my Norse team where I beat to a pulp by the bigger bashies and I squish on all the stunties, but the goblins and halflings deserve it.

But the other thing I've been playing quite a lot of for quite a while is Darkest Dungeon (profile pic is from that), because I absolutely love pretty much everything about it, the wonderful narration of Wayne June (who I actually had a couple audio books he did on HP Lovecraft stuff before), the art is also rather bleak and awesome too, the setting oh so good for me, a game hasn't had such qualities in setting and art style that hit all the right spots for me since Banner Saga (which reminds me I really should play the second one of that). Also Darkest Dungeon also is very good at hurting me in the best possible ways just a little more Lovecraftian horror than (High)Fantasy Football silliness.

Not much else except Hearthstone on occasion for daily quests and such, which I also play decks that seem fun but mostly just end up going poorly... and now that I've said all that I realize I'm pretty masochistic when it comes to my game playing.
(07-19-2016, 01:50 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2016, 01:43 PM)Jokster908 Wrote: [ -> ] I can completely agree too that one, cause it's normally the same people i see talking on these forums. Also, I'm un-scratching what you scratched. PREACHING TO THE UNWASHED ABOUT THE PC MASTER RACE.

While I'm not going to judge you on your affinity for puzzle games and never will, I will absolutely judge you on your choice of font.  Because good lord, that hurt to read.

I'm sure you'll find other people here that play Guild Wars - it's popular enough.  At least I think it is; I hear people talking about it all the time...

I am very sorry about the font. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to use that one. Lesson learned... ._.''||

Edit: I noticed that you quoting what I said made it easier to read.
Let's see. I've recently played(?) through Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (technically both are VN's, but F/HA at least has some minigames). I've been playing Megadimension Neptunia VII, due to it's recent Steam release. Got into the Neptunia series due to Liam of Super Best Friends Play mentioning it several times on their podcast and by watching Lost Pause lp the PC remakes. Every now and then I dip into Crusader Kings 2. I tend to cheat a bit in that instead of playing it legit, but that's because it gets a bit slow at times.

I've also been playing a couple Senran Kagura games, Estival Versus on PS4, Shinovi Versus on PC and Burst on 3ds. That was also a bit because of Super Best Friends Play, with Liam and Matt playing a imported copy of Estival Versus. I got that game first, was a bit confused by some of the story, then later bought Burst then Shinovi versus. I've been able see their descent into loads and loads of more fan service as Burst is a remake of the first game and Estival Versus is a sequel to Shinovi Versus.

I've also been playing Extreme Warfare Revenge 2003, in which you run a wrestling promotion. Even have updated rosters so it contains current wrestling federations and wrestlers.

Let's see...I would be playing Pokemon Go if it worked on my phone, but I had to get a new phone...which it turns out my sim card is too big for, so now I need to get a new sim card. I've also been playing Fate/Grand Order. Can't even tell you what the story is as it's almost entirely in Japanese. It's a free-to-play game, but it actually isn't that hard to get things.

That's about it for now.
Right now, I'm primarily playing World of Warships (like World of Tanks, but with Warships) and Star Wars: The Old Republic (because Star Wars). I have a tendency to bounce around titles, though I generally have stuck with the World of wargaming titles.
Playing Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter Two: Dwarf Fortress at the moment. I am currently constructing a checkerboard, and will be using clowns and cotton candy to play a game, then colonizing the circus, with preferably less than a hundred casualties. Wish me luck.
It's pretty much been 3DS Smash Bros and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest for me lately (both of which I only purchased relatively recently). That and various mobile games. I've not had a lot of time or money to dedicate to gaming, especially not PC gaming, so that's been my lot.

When I do play on Steam, it's mostly been limited to Skyrim, Darkest Dungeon, and Slime Rancher. I'll probably never be done playing through Skyrim.
Guys, I have a confession to make:

I still haven't played Fates.
I have a confession to make too-

I haven't played many Fire Emblem games. In fact, I have only technically played one... LE GASP

The first Gameboy One I believe.
I bounce around a few titles: Story of Seasons, Etrian Odyssey Untold 1&2, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (I love puzzle games <.<), Yoshi's Woolly World and a little Tokyo Mirage.

Also been playing a lot of Best Fiends and Pokemon Go on mobile.

I wanna play Darkest Dungeon now, it sounds good.
Playing through Illusion of Gaia for the SNES again. Every time I play through this game, I am shocked that it got the Nintendo Seal of Approval.

Some dark themes there for sure.
Okay, so update. Right now, I'm playing God Eater 2 on PS4. Playing as Shad's daughter Luna, killing aragami with a scythe. Just came out today on PS4, and it finished installing like an hour ago.

Also I have been playing Total Extreme Warfare 2016, which is the paid version of Extreme Warfare Revenge. Playing that one with current rosters and everything. It's a bit harder than EWR though.

I've also been playing Crusader Kings since the new dlc came out, but I don't know if one of the mods I have has caused it to bug out on my current playthrough, as my character keeps getting prompts saying he's coming down with some sickness, then doesn't give me the sickness. Kinda getting annoying closing that prompt so many times

Why do we only have a 3ds friend codes sharing topic and not anything else?
I started playing Starbound again. The beta came out when I was super into Terraria, so I was really looking forward to it. After a few weeks of mulling it over I finally bought it and played for a while before I got bored by the lack of content. Now a few years later the full game is finally out and they've added a LOT. Looking forward to more exploring.

They did make hunger brutal though. You need to eat something like every few minutes to stop from starving >_>
Final Fantasy Explorers. I've been on and off with this game since it came out, but I spent money on it, so I keep going back to it! Despite how much I love the series and MMO types of games, I just can't truly get into it! Might have something to do with how I've never really found anyone to play it online with (monsters are a man's best friend).

Does anyone play, or has anyone in the past?
(07-20-2016, 07:54 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I have a confession to make:

I still haven't played Fates.

Neither have I. You're not alone in that boat.

Not that I'd want to. I can't say I dig the whole 'lookit me I can turn into a man-sized dragon' thing. Sure, it's neat, but for combat, why the hell would you need to? It sounds exhausting. Plus, manakete/mamkute's are way the hell better, considering their transformation is into a dragon at least three times their height.

On another note, I literally just beat FE6. Oh, and ruined an awesome run of Chapter 27 - Cog of Destiny - Eliwood Mode by forgetting to make Eliwood retreat from Lloyd's Light Brand after getting hit by it the previous turn.
(09-13-2016, 04:55 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I'd want to. I can't say I dig the whole 'lookit me I can turn into a man-sized dragon' thing. Sure, it's neat, but for combat, why the hell would you need to? 

They reveal it in one chapter (and a side chapter) and never talk about it again. Not sure what they were trying to go for, storywise. At least you can change his class.
Fates was pretty good. Far from the best in the series, but it had some strong points. Conquest throws some curveballs at you that have never showed up in another game in the series. You really need to think differently in this one, especially with the enemies pairing up all over the place. I see what they were going for by giving more powerful weapons penalties, but it's pretty easy to just plow through the game with the royals.

Overall I liked it, but I'm struggling to make myself play through Revelations after already playing through Conquest and Birthright. I'm taking a break from it right now, I'll definitely go back to it at some point because I'll be damned if this is the only game in the series other than Gaiden that I don't beat.

Speaking of which I should play Gaiden again
So, just bought a Vita. Main reason was that I bought Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, intending to play it on my PSTV, only to discover it wasn't compatible. Plus, when we go on our cruise in November, I figured it would be safer to bring my 3ds and Vita as opposed to a spare tv, (as all the ports on the room tv is generally taken and the channel can't be changed), my Wii U and PS4. In fact, last time we went on a cruise, I forgot one of the PS4 cords, so it was useless the entire time. Can't say that I entirely trust the loading people to not break one of them, even if I do line my suitcase with cushioning.

So on that, I've been playing Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, Fate/Extra, and MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies.

Also a lot of Fate/Grand Order. They have an event on going that crossovers with Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya. Due to how hyped I got at the end of last weeks episode(aka right before the event started) they successfully made a whale out of me due to wanting to get Illya as a servant. I've spent over $100 over the last week on this. I managed to get her last week, but I tried again today since I can make her final attack stronger with more copies of her. On one hand, I'm trying to save the money. On the other hand, Illya is now my strongest character. Followed by her sister/clone Chloe/Kuro who I got for free for finishing the first half of the event.

Let's see...anything else...oh yeah, I've been playing Dragon's Dogma on the PC. I kinda did some cheating, since I'm replaying some parts after playing it on 360. So, my level 12 or so character has summoned a pawn level 143 and level 64. Hmm..
Pages: 1 2 3